"Seldom will you receive a complete response [to a prayer] all at once. It will come a piece at a time, in packets, so that you will grow in capacity. As each piece is followed in faith, you will be led to other portions until you have the whole answer That pattern requires you to exercise faith in our Father's capacity to respond. While sometimes it's very hard, it results in significant personal growth."
Elder Richard G. Scott, April 2007 General Conference
"Often, the answer to our pray does not come while we're on our knees but while we're on our feet, serving the Lord, and serving those around us."
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"[God] hears the prayers of humble hearts."
Thomas S. Monson. April 2013 General Conference, Sunday Afternoon Session
"Faith is a real power, not just an expression of belief. There are few things more powerful than the faithful prayers of a righteous mother."
Elder Boyd K. Packer, April 2013 General Conference, "These Things I Know"
"One of the adversary's sharpest tools is to convince us that we are no longer worthy to pray. No matter who you are or what you may have done, you can always pray."
Elder Boyd K. Packer, October 2009 General Conference, "Prayer and Promptings"
"Learn to Pray. Pray often. Pray in your mind, in your heart. Pray on your knees. Prayer is your personal key to heaven. They lock is on your side of the veil. And I have learned to conclude all my prayers with "Thy will be done."
Elder Boyd K. Packer, October 2009 General Conference, "Prayer and Promptings"
"Unfailing faith is fortified through prayer."
Elder Russell M. Nelson. April 2011 General Conference, "Face the Future with Faith"
"If we pray with an eternal perspective, we need not wonder if our most tearful and heartfelt pleadings are heard."
Elder Russell M. Nelson. April 2011 General Conference, "Face the Future with Faith"
"By becoming the answer to someone's prayer, we often find the answers to our own,"
Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"There are few things more powerful than the prayers of a righteous mother."
President Boyd K. Packer
______________________________________________________________________________
Elder Richard G. Scott, April 2007 General Conference
"Often, the answer to our pray does not come while we're on our knees but while we're on our feet, serving the Lord, and serving those around us."
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"[God] hears the prayers of humble hearts."
Thomas S. Monson. April 2013 General Conference, Sunday Afternoon Session
"Faith is a real power, not just an expression of belief. There are few things more powerful than the faithful prayers of a righteous mother."
Elder Boyd K. Packer, April 2013 General Conference, "These Things I Know"
"One of the adversary's sharpest tools is to convince us that we are no longer worthy to pray. No matter who you are or what you may have done, you can always pray."
Elder Boyd K. Packer, October 2009 General Conference, "Prayer and Promptings"
"Learn to Pray. Pray often. Pray in your mind, in your heart. Pray on your knees. Prayer is your personal key to heaven. They lock is on your side of the veil. And I have learned to conclude all my prayers with "Thy will be done."
Elder Boyd K. Packer, October 2009 General Conference, "Prayer and Promptings"
"Unfailing faith is fortified through prayer."
Elder Russell M. Nelson. April 2011 General Conference, "Face the Future with Faith"
"If we pray with an eternal perspective, we need not wonder if our most tearful and heartfelt pleadings are heard."
Elder Russell M. Nelson. April 2011 General Conference, "Face the Future with Faith"
"By becoming the answer to someone's prayer, we often find the answers to our own,"
Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"There are few things more powerful than the prayers of a righteous mother."
President Boyd K. Packer
______________________________________________________________________________
I feel like I say a thousand prayers a day. It seems like I always
have a prayer in my heart, and I have had many answers to my prayers. Something
that I struggle with though, is kneeling down and having a long sincere
conversation with my Heavenly Father. I always feel rushed, and I know that
Satan is using that to discourage me from kneeling down to pray each day. This
is something that I am going to work on.
I long for a real connection with my Heavenly Father. I think the key is
going to be to learn to tune out the thoughts of everything else that is going
on in my life. I know that my faith will be strengthened as I learn to pray
more sincerely.
No comments:
Post a Comment